Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Two weeks down!

Dear Everyone, 
Two weeks down and four to go. The comparison of the MTC to spirit prison was wrong of me. I'm sorry. Main campus is spirit prison. Here at west campus, we live in spirit paradise. The atmosphere is far nicer than at main campus. We have private (relatively) showers, and better beds. So forgive my mistake. This is part of the repentance process. Everything is going fine for me. I don't find the MTC particularly difficult, given the advantage of five years of learning German. It is very much like school, only less work. Not to say that I am not working harder, just less, if that makes any sense to you. We had a wonderful devotional last night from a member of the Seventy. After devotionals, we meet together as a district for what we call a devotional review. It was a powerful spiritual experience. We stopped teaching the investigator that I told you about last time, and we have two new ones. One, MIchael, has never heard of God. He doesn't know anything about him. Which makes him very difficult to teach in German. "What is a spirit?" "Ach, tja..." I managed to pull out an answer that he understood. He is also much more enjoyable to teach than our other investigator because he is played by a different teacher than Alex, and our new investigator, Viorel. He actually responds to our questions and is thoughtful. That makes all the difference in teaching an investigator because you can't know whether or not they understood if they won't respond. There is a lot less to report this week than the first week because we have reached a point where it is a pattern and what we do is pretty regular. Get up. Go to gym. Personal study. Breakfast. (or vice versa depending on the day) Classroom time from 10:30 to 1:30. Lunch. Classroom time from 2:15 to 5:15. Language study for an hour. TALL (the church's equivalent of Rosetta Stone) for an hour. Study till nine. Planning and then bed. Rinse and repeat. Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the only variety, and Tuesday's not so much, only the devotional. I am sad that I haven't seen most of my friends who are serving missions because they are at main campus. I only go there for about an hour a week. But all is well. Can't wait to get to Germany. Hope everyone else is doing fine. Die Gnade sei mit euch.
sincerely,
Elder Perez 

No comments:

Post a Comment