Dear Everybody,
I had planned on sharing a Christmas message, but I forgot it. I will send it next week. Here are some pictures from our P-day in Berlin!I wish the best of Christmas wishes to all of you. Let us take the time to remember the greatest gift that was ever given to us. In Isaiah chapter 9:6-7, the German translation uses the word geschenkt. The English given is an equivalent, but perhaps a better translation would be gifted. With this gift comes the promise of peace, a peace that will never end. As the hymn reads, "Where can I turn for peace?", the resounding answer is given in these verses of Isaiah about the promised Messiah and Redeemer of the world, whose birth we celebrate this Christmas season. I will be celebrating on the 24th, but whenever it is, let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulders and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."
This is the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Perhaps as we think on this message, we can think on someone who needs it or who needs our love and service, for that, is the true meaning of Christmas.
love,
Elder Perez
| Brandenburg Gate |
| The Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe |
| Checkpoint Charlie |
| The Sony Center |
| Master vs Apprentice |

No comments:
Post a Comment