I am being transferred from my beloved Leest to Lübeck. I am leaving on Tuesday. This is a bitter sweet experience. I am excited for the new opportunities that await.
I have been slacking on the everybody emails. I am aware of this. It might change. It might stay the same. No promises. I definitely have to write more people now that I am leaving than I did before. We will see how things go. My typing speed has greatly improved after I adjusted to the fact that the y and the z keys are switched. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish more writing in the same amount of time.
This week we went to go find some of the people that were listed in our area book as potential investigators. This is a word of advice to all of you who are thinking about or currently serving missions. KEEP GOOD RECORDS! There is nothing more annoying that the following situations: having a record of a person but having no contact information; having a record with contact information and no name; out of date records that do not describe in enough detail to be useful because the missionaries have met with the person but have not recorded their lessons; knocking on the door of a person who has had contact with the Elders but there is no record of that person in our area book. I can understand that these situations might happen due to extenuating circumstances but it is still annoying. For example. As we were underway, we came to a house that did not exist. That is right. (What is more is that this is not the first time that this has happened. It was the exact same situation except that this one has a happy ending.) The numbers on the street went 125, 126, 127, 129 130, up until 145 when we stopped looking further down the street. No 128. How the missionaries managed to write down the address of the one house on the street that did not exist, is beyond me. But being the persistent Elders that we sometimes are, we checked every house for the name. We found it at 129. (No I did not read the address wrong. It was written wrong.) The man there gave us his telephone number and told us to call and make out an appointment. He said that he would love to find out more about our church. Elder Schouten and the new missionary (brand new) are going to have fun.
When we really want to find the people that learn, we will find them, even if we have to find the Platform 9 and 3/4 of Germany to do it.
Liebe Grüße!
Elder Perez
| Goodbye Potsdam |
| This is the reason that Germans shut the door when they hear the word church. |
No comments:
Post a Comment