Dear Everybody,
I have finally reached the point where it would be faster for me if I were to type in German, except that I do not know the letter combinations as well. I think in German more than I think in English, resulting in the pinnacle of slowness when typing in either language. That was phrased rather poorly. What I am trying to say is that I have reached a balance where I am equal speed in typing in both languages, because I forget the English word when typing in English, and I am physically slow at typing in German, even though the sentences flow easily. I just finished typing an email in German, so that is why I thought of this.
Elder Wipf and I had the baptism through ice cream. That does not make as much sense in English. The word for ice and ice cream is the same in German, so the baptism through ice cream is the baptism through ice. If you are wondering what I am talking about, see the picture below. I did not manage to finish it, but Elder Wipf did. Point one for Canada. (As in the first one.)
Elder Wipf also learned how to eat with his fingers. We went to a members house. He recently moved here from Sweden, but he is from Africa. We had some delicious fufu, which is eaten with hands. Elder Wipf about died doing it. He could not take not having a knife and fork. He asked the member how they wash their hands in Africa. He told him that was the same way we do it here in Germany. Elder Wipf was very confused. He asked if they used soap. The member told him that they did, and running water too. He then told us, like every African that I have ever met, that his country is not poor, the problem is corruption. Next time we go over, we are going to eat cow skin.
I'm having a lot of fun here in the land of Germany. Love hearing from everyone. Hope you are doing well!
love,
Elder Perez
| Baptism through ice cream |
| Ship in port |

No comments:
Post a Comment