Dear Everybody,
My companion and I were talking about the Book of Mormon.
Your typical missionary topic of conversation. We have been reading the Book of
Mormon as a mission. My companion pointed out that the Lamanites, even when
they are considered to be wicked, fulfill the role that God has given them. The
Lamanites are defined from 1 Nephi 2:24 as a scourge. A scourge the tool of God
used for punishment. Every time that the Nephites were at a period of wickedness
when it was appropriate that they were reminded of their dependency on God,
there were the Lamanites, happy to deliver the fore-appointed scourging.
Way to go Lamanites.
I feel like we also forget that for fifty percent of the
book, the Lamanites are the more righteous people. We also have a fairly one
sided record. You want to know a story I am really interested in? Abish. Alma
19:16. I wonder what other secret Lamanite members there were.
Anyways, those are my thoughts for the week. If you want to
know how the missionary work went-
1. We went finding.
2. We taught people whose native language is not German.
That sums it up.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Perez
| Elder Weaver |
No comments:
Post a Comment