Alright. Story time.
Once upon a time, the bikes that the church buys are not very good. The chain on mine keeps coming off. But we managed to make it to church this Sunday. Then we left our dinner appointment and headed out to our appointment with a new investigator. The chain came off again. A man walking by stopped to help us. He fixed it, (relatively) and we had the opportunity to talk to him. Sometimes the Lord breaks your bicycle. Sometimes He breaks it a lot.
As we continued, we were going slow so that it would not break, but as we headed up a hill, the chain clean off. (I should also mention that we had a giant zucchini with us because the members love to give us vegetables, since they think that we are really poor.) We were picked up by our ward mission leader and his dad who were driving there to meet us for the appointment. Brother Heller is really good at fixing our bikes, but he realized what the problem was. The bike frame is bent inward. Like a crescent moon. And we were still carrying the zucchini.
So we ended up forty minutes late to our appointment, but our investigator was sick, so she could not meet with us. And as we walked down we met a man who had just come home and had a conversation with him. Small and simple are the ways of the Lord.
We then started home with the giant zucchini. It turned out to be a great conversation starter. We talked to several people using it. Small and simple are the ways of the Lord.
I hope that everyone is doing well. I know that the Lord will bless you as you try to do little things. Sometimes we do not always see what He has in mind.
I would like to encourage everyone to pray for missionary experiences. And for those of you who are not sure how to work with the missionaries, ask the missionaries. They can help you. If possible watch the work of salvation DVD. The missionaries should have it (I think). The time has come for the missionaries and the members to work together as never before. Fulfill your baptismal covenant to stand as a witness at all times. Share the happiness, as our mission president says. And I echo the words of Elder Holland. When miracles seem the least likely to come, endure. Sometimes that is all we can do. Then the miracle comes. I know. I have seen so many.
As a witness of Jesus Christ called from a prophet of God, I testify that He lives. That He is hastening his work. That He blesses us in our efforts to share the Gospel with others. And especially that He answers prayers. Pray for experiences. In German, God does not hear prayers. The verb to hear is hören. The verb for God is erhören. To hear and answer. (er strengthens verbs). He wants you to speak with Him. He will speak back to you. Of this, I testify.
In my prayers,
Elder Perez
P.S. The zucchini will be of further use as bread, some for us and some for investigators/less active members.
![]() |
| Elder Perez serving in Germany week 2. So happy! |

No comments:
Post a Comment