This time next week I will be in Germany. We received our travel itinerary. We have a 21 hour flight to Amsterdam, a four hour layover, and a one hour flight to Berlin. Never flown on a commercial flight before. This should be a fun experience. I am very excited. The MTC is a great place. But I do not sit still well. And the MTC is a lot of sitting still. For hours. So this is my final email from the MTC. A summary of what I have gained here:
-testimony strengthened
-Book of Mormon reread... twice
-greater patience
-greater charity and love
-greater virtue
-close to twenty pounds (No idea where that is. Only difference I can detect is that my calves now look like Grant's from running. Watch out buddy.)
-greater desire to get to Germany
-stronger relationship with my Heavenly Father
-more sincere prayer
-one haircut (sent a picture)
-lots of books (Jesus the Christ, copies of the Book of Mormon, German textbook, etc.)
-different colored shoes (The brown shoe polish changed my red-brown shoes to a darker, rustic color. It looks sweet.)
-friends
-mail (Yay!)
-a deeper knowledge of the principles of teaching, the gospel, and the scriptures
-a plane ticket to Germany
-inability to speak English, spell English, or think of English words
-mediocre ability at correct German conversation
-a deeper commitment to sincere personal prayer and communication with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
-taste for music no matter how bad it is (This just comes from not listening to it.)
-taste for really good church music
-greater love of the German language in many aspects
-greater love for English in some aspects and greater disgust for English in many aspects
-how to do laundry (I already knew how, but I actually did it is the difference. Mom, the sweaters we bought were cotton. We should have bought one size bigger. I did not make the mistake of putting them in the dryer, so they fit, do not worry.)
-greater love for the Savior and appreciation of the Atonement
-greater enthusiasm to serve
-a lot more
That is a pretty good summary of what has happened. It has been wonderful, and incredibly patience trying. Until probably two weeks from now.
Gott sei mit euch.
sincerely,
Elder Perez

No comments:
Post a Comment