Monday, November 25, 2013

25-11-13

Dear Everybody,
      The work in Germany continues on. One transfer completed and Elder Davis and I will be staying here for another together. We are going to have a wonderful transfer. We have been becoming busier and busier. This week we have appointments with all three of our investigators, three potential investigators, and one newly converted member who has fallen into inactivity. The Lord has blessed us to be busy. We have work to do.
      The Lord blesses us in our work too. I am so grateful for the blessings of the Lord. A short little story about how the Lord helps us in our work.
      Ten minutes before sacrament meeting, Elder Davis remembered that we were supposed to give talks in sacrament meeting. Surprise! Of course, the Lord knew that we would forget. That is why He had the Relief Society Presidency reorganized (Frauenhilfsvereinigungpräsidentschaft). The branch presidency had decided to ask all three of these women up to bear their testimones. We did not know that until we went to talk to the First Counselor to ask how long our talks had to be. We had five minutes a piece instead of fifteen. Elder Davis and I prayed about what to say. We felt we should talk about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We prayed very earnestly for help. It was without a doubt, one of the best talks that I have ever given. There Spirit was so strong, both of us were almost in tears. The Lord takes care of His missionaries.
      If you want another example, look at the garage we built. I have never gerryrigged anything so terribly as that "garage". It is amazing that it did not collapse on us while we were putting it up. If you need to build something, ask the missionaries. They can help you. That building will be blessed to withstand more than it should.
      I hope that everything is going well with everyone. Take time to enjoy your Thanksgiving. There is no Thanksgiving here in Germany. It is Christmas time. Christmas decorations are up, stuff is in the stores, American Christmas music is playing on the radio. (All the music here is English and American. It is very strange.) But we can always be thankful for the blessing that we have. The food that we have been given. Our families. Winter stuff that prevents us from freezing to death. You can complain it is cold, or you can be grateful it is not snowing yet. (Although I hear there is snow in Utah.)
      I hope everything goes well with everyone.
sincerely,
Elder Perez

Best. Candy. Ever.  Everything here uses hazelnuts.
 
Smiley bread

Christmas time is here

This made Elder Perez laugh


Missionaries building the garage

The garage finished

Typical city street

For you history buffs, this is the hotel where
the Potsdam conference was held.  This is where
Germany was divided.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment