Dear Everybody,
Pictures! Finally. I hope that everybody enjoys them. Every square inch of the train line wall from Potsdam to Berlin is covered with graffiti like that. Döners are amazing and super cheap, but lamaschürms (I am not exactly sure how to spell that) are in my opinion better. I have yet to try every sauce that they have for them. Yes I am wearing a scarf. Everyone in Germany wears a scarf from fall until spring. No, I can not take myself seriously. Euopean clothing is incredibly cheap and ostentatious. The pipe was over 200 years old. Without the dirt supporting it, it broke. But we fixed the line with new pipe, so do not worry. Now for the story behind the trench.
Unfortunately that is not the final product. Just after I took that picture, the camera battery became exhausted. What is more, we figured out a few moments later that we needed to dig the entire trench four inches deeper. Also, I could not figure out how to get the entire trench in the shot because it had too sharp of corners. Fortunately it gives you enough of an idea that I can describe the rest.
We (our missionary district of six) dug this trench as a service for a potential/former investigator named Kurt. He travels a lot, so he speaks English pretty well. The city changed the law so that he has to have his water line connected to the main line of the city. Who are you going to call when you need a twenty two meter long, one meter (one meter eighteen to be precise) deep trench? Ask the missionaries. They can help you. We dug the entire trench out in about two hours, took a thirty minute break, laid down the pipe with the help of one of the members of our branch, and then filled it back up all under the four hours of time that we are allowed per week for service. Kurt and his wife were very grateful. His wife kept saying that what we had done was a miracle. It was very rewarding and the easiest hole I have ever dug. That soil was wonderful. I am so used to digging in West Jordan and encountering rocks every half an inch the size of my head.
The next day Kurt called us. He had the work inspected by the government. They said that everything was in order. He was very grateful. He told us that we could come and visit anytime and they would be happy if we would teach them a lesson. Service is a wonderful way to show people that we love them. The missionaries are always looking to help someone with something. If you have any holes that need to be dug, ask the missionaries.
I hope that everyone is doing well. I love hearing from people, so if you ever have the time to write a snail mail letter, please feel free. I just do not have the time to email everyone unfortunately. Missionary work moves forward. There is no way to stop us. The Lord has the power to fulfill all of His words.
sincerely,
Elder Perez







No comments:
Post a Comment