I am sorry that I have really been slacking on the blog emails, but there is simply not enough time when you want to do anything else on the computer other than purely email. That and we had to report a lot to President. The Lord is hastening His work and we are trying to rise to His expectations. We have a car now. This has greatly extended our ability to reach people and reduced travel time. We are just trying to figure out how to use it most effectively. The work is changing and we have to make the necessary changes. This has to be done at the individual level. It is not just for missionaries.
We need the help of the members. It is not possible without them. I wonder how many of us know who the missionaries in our ward are. How can we help them? It is a really good question.
I have a story to illustrate how sometimes all we need to do is be a member. When we bring an investigator to church, we really worry too much about it. Who is going to welcome them? Who is going to make them feel comfortable? Who will sit by them and talk with them while we try to run and finish a million errands that have to be done before the meeting and talk to the people we are going to have appointments with and who we have to report to? What if the speakers are boring? (This is my greatest fear.)
Sunday morning we were praying for a miracle. We have an investigator who has prayed about the Book of Mormon and received an answer that it is true. They have some other problems that we were not sure how to address. Our ward has many members who are struggling right now. We did not know how we would be able to help everyone, fulfill everyone's needs.
Fortunately we asked the Lord to help. One of the counselors in the stake presidency came to speak. He addressed every problem. Not only did he address every problem, that inspired man addressed them specifically and individually, although he did not know it. He performed his calling to receive revelation. He spoke and it was a miracle. I sat there feeling the Spirit just watching every worry that I had for other people be taken care of.
Listen to the Spirit. Trust in revelation. You may be the answer to someone's prayer.
sincerely,
Elder Perez
Which way do I go?, Berlin!

No comments:
Post a Comment