Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year

Dear Everybody,
     I forgot. Oh well. I wrote it down in the wrong planner. That is what happens when you move from one transfer to the other.
     I will be staying in Leest for at least one more transfer. Elder Davis unfortunately is leaving for some city that I have never heard of and can not remember the name of. I am sad to see him go. I will be receiving my new companion, Elder Schouten on Tuesday. The work goes forward. 
     New Year's Eve was pretty anti-climactic. We went to bed at the normal missionary time. The fireworks only woke up one Elder. New Year's Eve is the only holiday in Germany when fireworks are allowed, so it is a really big deal to them, but they did not seem anything particularly special to me. 
     I am really pushing the time clock this week, so I am afraid that this might have to be it for the email. I still have to write my letter to the President and there is a lot to report. Plus all the other things that I am supposed to be doing during our Internet time that is not emails. (I am supposed to have finished my online infield training as of today, since training is the first two transfers. I do not think that it is going to happen.)
    I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year. We look forward to all of the good things the possibilities of what the year could contain. The question is whether we are ready to go out there and make it happen.
    Always put forth your best. When the Savior turned water into wine for his mother at the wedding feast, He did not turn it into ordinary wine. The head of the wedding proclaimed that the best wine had been saved for last. Our service to others should be likewise. Our efforts, our fullest efforts.
     Good luck in all that you are doing.
sincerely,
Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment