Dear Everybody,
I had my very first experience with what an actual transfer feels like. In a way. I am sure that it will be different when I am the one that actually is transferred somewhere else. Elder Lawyer and Elder Davis were both transferred. We said our goodbyes at the apartment, took pictures, etc. We made it to the train platform on time. Elder Lawyer and Elder Carter went to print out a photo. They were late. The conductor waved for everyone to get on the train. I hopped on with Elder Davis. Fortunately, they were taking a train to meet another train in Berlin Central Station. Elder Carter and Elder Lawyer used the S-Bahn to make it on time. Then Elder Carter and I ran as soon as they got there. No goodbyes or anything. We had to catch a train back into Potsdam to pick up our companions. They were able to stay with each other until we arrived. Everything worked out in the end.
Elder Schouten and I have gone right to work. We found some new contacts doing doors. It was amazing. We found two houses where they had already read the Book of Mormon. They both had copies. One said we could come back. The other was not interested unfortunately, but it just shows that flooding the area with Book of Mormons has an impact. I would be interested to know where they both received their copies.
For our last P-day together, Elder Davis and I went to see the Olympic stadium in Berlin. It was the perfect atmosphere, cloudy and rainy. We looked around at this massive stone building that was built by Nazis to replace the one that was destroyed in World War I. I would go on, but pictures are worth a thousand words.
Other than that, this week was pretty normal. Elder Schouten met our ward on Sunday. They were all fairly sad to see Elder Davis go. He had been in this area for seven months which is a really long time for a missionary.
Well it is a great time to be a missionary. We are changing Germany.
sincerely,
Elder Perez
| Elder Schouten, Evan's new companion is from Riverton Utah. He grew up just down the street from Evan's Grandma Perez. |
| Olympic Stadium |
No comments:
Post a Comment