Dear Everybody,
Transfer calls came once again. Elder Bingham is leaving Lübeck after five transfers. He has been here as long as I have been on my mission. Needless to say, he is a little excited to a) be transferred normally (He came here in an emergency transfer. We call it a blitz.) b) go somewhere new. In other news, I will most likely be staying here for at least two transfers. My new companion's identity remains to be discovered. It is a brand new missionary from the MTC. I am going to be training. Yay... I am not sure how I feel about this. There are definite advantages to having a brand new companion and of course, it will be fun to train, but it is also a lot of work and there are of course disadvantages. What remains to be seen is if he will be a native German speaker. (Most likely not:)
Good news this week- One of our investigators realized that the next step for him is baptism! Sometimes things just click for investigators. He is going to prepare to be baptized. Yes! That will be a good thing for the new missionary. It is always great to see that someone begins to make progress after it feels like the missionaries have been working with that person for a very long time.
Bad news- Daylight Savings Time has robbed me of a precious hour of sleep.
Other good news- We have the opportunity to hear from a prophet of the Lord in the next couple of days. (Even though those of us in Germany will not be seeing the last session until a week later.) Think about how wonderful that is. I hope that we can invite people to come listen to a prophet's voice.
sincerely,
Elder Perez

No comments:
Post a Comment