Dear Everybody,
The fateful day has come. The night of darkness in which no more work can be done. I am being transferred. After six months in Lübeck, I can say only one thing. I have no idea how I feel about the upcoming transfer.
Here is a list of conflicting feelings-
1. Excited to meet new people, sad to be leaving others behind.
2. In the same boat, I am going to miss the missionaries in my district, but look forward to serving with others. As far as I know, there are sisters in my new district.
3. This is not a conflicting feeling, but I realized that I should probably say where I am going. I am headed to Prenzlau in the Neubrandenburg zone. (I will be living in Neubrandenburg.) Prenzlau is a town fairly close to the Polish border. Looking at a map, I would say about sixty kilometers. Maybe a little more. I am excited to be going east because food is cheaper. I am not sure how the weather is there. Hopefully not as humid. It is probably warmer though. I am not sure which is worse.
4. We have a car. I do not have the time to detail all of the feelings associated with this knowledge. Some thoughts include, wanting to drive but not trusting myself while knowing that it would be good to practice and weather or not I will have to drive at all. It would be nice if we could take the car to Berlin. Our next zone training meeting is there, as well as when Elder Bednar comes.
5. I am going to be training. Or rather, finishing the training of an elder. His current trainer is going home. There are ninety new missionaries coming into our mission in the next couple of transfers.
6. Four hour train ride. Time alone vs. being bored out of my mind.
7. Packing.
We will see how it goes.
Always remember to follow up!
sincerely,
Elder Perez
No comments:
Post a Comment