I am back in the East and happy to be so! People in the west are superficially "nicer". The people in the east are rougher on the surface, but inside they are nicer people who do not have their hearts as set upon riches. Here, we are responsible for two proselyting areas. Yes, we do have a car. My companion is German. I hate him. (He told me to write that. He is actually my favorite companion so far.) He had a driver's license, but does not at the moment. So, I am indeed going to be driving again. We have to share the car with the sisters. We only have it a couple days of the week.
We had an excellent week in terms of lessons taught. We are competing with the most amount of lessons taught in a single week on my mission. Things keep getting better too! A couple days ago, I heard something I have never heard before:
"I had always hoped that you would talk to me, but you never did. So I decided to come and talk to you myself. My mother encouraged me to come out and talk to you." This was from a fourteen year old, who wanted to know more about the Gospel. We had just had a conversation with a couple who were sitting on a park bench. They decided to leave, and so we took the bench. We were unsure where to go. So we sat there and were surprised when a fourteen year old came and started talking to us. Elder Müller said that he is practically a Mormon already. He does karate, plays the violin, and is very thoughtful. (Elder Müller says, "Attractive!" I am not sure if he is funnier when he is speaking English or when he is speaking German.)
We also have the best couple missionaries in the world, Elder and Sister Hengst. They are a German couple from Sachsen. I had also forgotten what it was like to hear dialects.
Elder Müller wants to visit the mission blog. I am supposed to finish my email so that he an visit it and still be obedient. But there are ten minutes left, so I am going to tell one more story before I finish.
Really, I just enjoy exasperating Elder Müller. He hates Mormons. (As in Utah Mormons/Americans.)
Thanks for all of your prayers.
love,
Elder Perez
| Sister Rasmussen Sister Bollwinkel Elder Friebe and Elder Perez |
| Elder Müller |
| Chapel in Prenzlau |
| Evan's sense of humor! |
No comments:
Post a Comment