Monday, August 18, 2014

Missionary RPG

Dear Everybody,
Prenzlau is on the rise. The sisters reported eleven people in church on Sunday!
In other news, Elder Roberts challenged the district to a competition involving push-ups. It helped our entire district to improve their morning exercise. It has been going for a week. Let's just say that over three thousand push-ups have been done. There will be chocolate in district meeting, but who will be eating it remains to be seen. 
We met another hobby physicist. We have names for the different types of people that we meet. Hobby physicists are people who claim that there is no God based on their high school level education of basic science and/or their extended time watching documentaries/reading books on the subject. This qualifies them so speak on all scientific matters, which if you understood, would also make you an atheist. I have considered creating a missionary RPG involving hobby physicists as a class of enemy. Other enemies would include Jehovah's Witnesses, communists, punks, old man/lady, etc. I am sure that someone has already done it. Maybe I would just expand on it. 
Elder asked a Question!
Hobby Physicist used Ramble!
Hobby Physicist started Rambling! 
Elder was trapped!
Elder tried to run away.
Hobby Physicist's Rambling prevents escape!
Hobby Physicist's Rambling continues!
Hobby Physicist's Rambling continues!
Elder bore Testimony!
It doesn't seem to have any effect...
Hobby Physicist's Rambling subsided. 
Elder got away safely!
I hope at least one person understood my joke. 
We are continuing to memorize scriptures and read in the Book of Mormon as a mission. I just finished the Book of Mormon in my personal reading and will soon finish with the mission. I have really learned the power of scriptures. We can not read them too much and far too often we read them too little. In my study this week, I was reminded of the connection between Christ-like attributes. They build upon each other. If we are lacking in one, then we are lacking in them all. 
I would like to share a personal scripture that I memorized this last week. Alma 7:24 reads,
"And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity and then will ye always abound in good works."
It is really simple. Let's all try to be found doing good. 
The best missionary conversations that I have had, have not been on the street because I talked to everybody, but in the service of others, "good works".
love,
Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment