We had zone conference on Friday. I have now joined the side of those who would like to have zone conference in German. It is actually the only meeting that we have in English. I ended up translating the entire time for the Hengst. They are couple missionaries here in Neubrandenburg. I don' know how it is in other missions, but German is really corrupted by English, even within the church. It is not good for the new missionaries who are trying to learn the language.
Elder Müller and I continue to run into the same people. Everyday we run into somebody that we know. This week we are going to meet with one of the many contacts that has been promising to meet with us over weeks. They simply can't escape. On Sunday, we prayed that we would run into a particular person that we wanted to have another street discussion with. Lo, and behold, we found him sitting on a bench by the lake. He is going to come to church once we are back in Prenzlau. Prayer really works!
Interestingly, I still do not know half of the members in Neubrandenburg and Prenzlau. Not only is it difficult because half of the time we are not there, but half of the time the members are not there either. We know of one family that comes to church every other week, so we have never met them because they are always at church when we aren't! I met another member of the Prenzlau branch yesterday. I can't remember anyone's names. Maybe I will manage it in the next seven weeks that I am here at the least.
In other news, I thankfully don't have to drive anymore because Elder Müller has his license back.
I also heard that an investigator that I taught in Lübeck was baptized this week. Yeah!
I hope that everyone has a great week. I am looking forward to Elder Bednar on Saturday. Maybe he will speak to us in German.
sincerely,
Elder Perez
P.S. Double rainbow all the way across the sky!!! Yeah, so intense! -This is the German version of a monster truck. Ironically, the show is advertised as an American monster truck show. -Prenzlau from the other side of the local lake, complete with church like every German town.
No comments:
Post a Comment