Dear Everybody,
This week we had district conference. To avoid all confusion, the kind
of district that is composed of branches, not the kind that is made up
of missionaries. We had the entire mission presidency there. The first
meeting impacted me a lot more. The theme was the salt of the earth. I
would like to share a little bit of what the feeling of the meeting
was with those of you who are not missionaries. (Sorry missionaries,
but they showed videos in district conference that aren't available
unless you break rules. I'll get to you when I talk about salt.)
We watched to videos which I am sure that if you go to Youtube and
search "paid thirty years ago" you will find the first one. The second
one should then be in the marigin under something like Thai commercial
something or other. I don't remember what it is a commercial for.
After showing both of these videos, the mission presidency asked
everyone to share their feelings about the videos. We were able to
hear from everyone who wanted to share. Then we heard from speakers.
Now I am going to talk about salt. One of the counselors in the
mission presidency talked about his visit to some salt mines on the
edge of the Meditteranean. He talked about the salt and the various
processes that it goes through to become various types of salt. Types
of salt are sorted according to their various degrees of purity. We
are supposed to be the salt of the earth, but it is important what
type of salt we are. As Elder Bednar said when he came to visit us-
"You don't have time to spend in the cleaners. You have to use the
time repenting and getting better."
Let's be the salt of the earth.
love,
Elder Perez
No comments:
Post a Comment