Monday, December 15, 2014

Top ten

Dear Everybody,
I thought that this week I would just write a list of my top ten question and answers received on the street.
11. I remembered this one after I wrote the other ten. It is too good to miss. “What was the very first gift of Christmas?” “Health.”
10.”My companion and I are collecting nos from people. Might we get a no from you?” “...I have to keep working.”
9.”Hello, my companion and I are trying to collect nos. Would you be interested in learning more about Jesus Christ?” “...No.” “Thank you. Have you ever heard of the Book of Mormon?” “No.” “Thank you. Would you know anyone who is interested in our message?” “No... Hey, go somewhere else.”
8.”What brings you joy in life?” “Absolutely nothing.”
7.”If there was something that would make you happier or make your life better, would you try it?” “Of course.” “This is the Book of Mormon. I promise it will make your life better. Would you like to read it?” (the best part is their expression as they realize the illogical situation they find themselves in) “...Well, no.” “Why not?”
6.”Do you believe there is a God?” “No. If there was a God, he wouldn’t let all of these bad things happen.” “So, you assume if there is a God, he is all powerful and just.” “...Well. Yeah.” “So the fact that there is so much misery in the world doesn’t disprove that there is a God, it just disproves your concept of him.” “...I don’t really have time for this.”
5.”Might I ask you a question?” “I’m already married.” “Huh?”
4.”Might I ask you a question?” “I don”t want to get married again.” “Huh?”
3.”Might I ask you something?” “No.” (walks away) “Funny, I just did.”
2.”Do you celebrate Easter?” “No.” (Keeps walking. We start walking the other way. He stops, turns around.) “Hey wait!” “Yeah?” “What is it? I might celebrate if I knew what it was.” “Well, we celebrate that Jesus Christ was resurrected.” “Oh. Nevermind then.”
1.”Might I ask you a question?” (looks at the name tag) “Mormons! No!”
So, it is more like a list of ten, rather than a list of top ten, but number one is really my favorite of all time. Keep sharing and asking! #SharetheGift #PeopleareFunny
love,
Elder Perez
P.S. I have a new favorite place to go finding. It is called Himmelreich or sky kingdom, but can be easily confused with Himmelsreich or the kingdom of heaven. “Excuse me, how do we get to the kingdom-of-heaven-street?”

No comments:

Post a Comment